Fans can submit votes for the Jan. 25 Sports Star of the Year, the annual gala that recognizes significant athletic achievements from the past year.
Voting is underway for the 77th Annual Sports Star of the Year, presented by ROOT SPORTSand the Seattle Sports Commission, tan even that annually honors the athletes, coaches, media figures, stories, sports executives and others in the state for their achievements during the previous year.
Fans can vote online on this year’s nominees in the categories of Professional, Male, Female and Sports Story of the Year. Voting can be done at seattlesports.org.
Voting is open through 5 p.m. Jan. 20. Winners will be announced during the event on Jan. 25, 2012 at Benaroya Hall.
Tickets are $75 and $35. A $75 ticket includes the pre-show reception with complimentary beverages and heavy appetizers and the opportunity to mingle with the sports celebrities. A $35 ticket is for the show only.
Tickets to the Sports Star of the Year can be purchased at www.benaroyahall.org or by calling 206-215-4747. These are the nominees:
Male Sports Star of the Year
– Chris Polk (University of Washington football)
– Chris Williams (University of Washington golf)
– Isaiah Thomas (University of Washington basketball)
– Jeshua Anderson (Washington State University track)
– Nathan Adrian (University of California swimming)
Female Sports Star of the Year
– Courtney Vandersloot (Gonzaga University basketball)
– Jenn Salling (University of Washington softball)
– Julie Woodward (Seattle University womens soccer head coach)
– Maddie Meyers (Northwest High School runner)
– Queen Underwood (USA boxing)
Sports Story of the Year
– Eastern Washington football wins NCAA FCS National Championship
– Seahawks stun Saints in NFC Playoffs
– Sounders FC wins third straight US Open Cup
– Locals Hope Solo and Stephanie Cox lead the U.S. Womens Soccer team to the World Cup Final
– University of Washington crew wins third national title in last five years